Head of Project Management
Our new Head of Project Management practice (PMO) will lead a team 7-10 PMs and advance the company’s Agile transformation. The ideal candidate has led organizations through Agile transformation and developed PMs personally and professionally.
Your role responsibilities would include, approximately:
- Manage, mentor and develop project managers within the context of their contribution to cross-functional teams via a matrix reporting structure.
- Implement project management best practices in all projects, both client-facing and internal.
- Player-coach PMs within select projects.
- Look into the future and risk-manage.
- Contribute to revenue-related initiatives (sales, conversion).
- Executive reporting.
- Facilitate establishing and upgrading our internal and external relationships to partnership through coaching, training and example.
- Operational management: assigning managers to projects, managing their workload, planning and tracking their training, retention, compensation models, etc.
You’re a fit if you have:
- 7+ years of Project Management
- 5+ years in custom software technology
- 3+ years of leadership
- Reconciling budgets, timelines, escalations and stakeholder expectations
- United States-based clients
- Fluent English
- Mastery of trust-building, such as trustedadvisor.com
- Coaching skills
- Cross-functional experience in product management, coding, client management, sales, QA and other delivery-related functions
- Desired: understanding of developmental psychology
- Desired: US visa
Goals for the evaluation period:
- Evaluate and report on the current state of affairs: the PMO practice and individual member development level
- Develop project health metrics and implement a reporting system
- Based on the 2 items above, develop the PMO strategy that the leadership team will accept
- Demonstrate strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Demonstrate strong escalation handling skills, where an escalation is resolved resulting in a happy client and converted into a set of processes that is scaled to the rest of the PMO team/projects
- Collect feedback from everyone you’ve closely interacted with (PMO, engineering and leadership team members) using the Client Score / NPS and Retrospective approaches. The result is that 80% of people surveyed indicated a high level of trust and expressed a strong desire to continue working with you.
- In cooperation with our Client Success team, sell/convert one PM-as-a-Service project independent of our application development services and receive positive feedback from the client. The PM engaged on such a project has never directly managed external teams through S&F before.
- This position is full-time remote with occasional need for on-site collaboration in various offices (Budva, Philadelphia, Lviv, etc).
- Work hours are flexible, with our core locations overlap (ET, CET, EET).
About the company:
Speed & Function does software development that’s so collaborative, it’s practically built in-house. That is, in fact, the cornerstone of our philosophy – we act as collaborators, not contractors. In business since 2006, our mission is to build a unique working framework that’s relevant to 21st-century challenges and allows for the delivery of both state-of-the-art tech solutions and amazing collaboration experiences. Also, we are striving to become a Deliberately Developmental Organization. That is how we’ll create a place that embraces both human and tech flourishing in its entirety.