Company: Speed & Function
Location: Remote (with occasional travel co-location)
Status: Full Time
Reports to: Account Management Team Lead
A versatile account management professional with a combination of skills in custom software technology that include conversion, account management and leading teams. The goal is to ensure $1,000,000 annual revenue maintenance with 30% growth managing a pipeline 2 times to that. Working with enterprise level clients primarily.
- Facilitate understanding and effective collaboration between client and delivery. Understand client’s dreams and aspirations to ensure alignment of their business goals with S&F’s internal goals. To summarize, facilitate and nurture a mutually beneficial partnership between us and the client.
- Collect and leverage data to craft growth strategies for each account. Identify and remove blockers preventing high NPS scores.
- Refine a reliable system of feedback collection from (and provision to) clients so that we can prevent escalations. Quickly resolve escalations with lessons learned, resulting in constant improvement and increased trust.
- Prepare and negotiate proposals for upsells, cross-sells and new project SOWs. Ensure smooth handoffs to delivery.
- Refine and create OKRs per account. Current metrics include NPS, check size, turnover, number of closed deals, upsells.
- Manage activities of the team and motivate the team to achieve organizational goals.
- Conduct training of team members to contribute to the growth of the company through a successful team.
- Ensure data in our tools is up to date and is in use by the team, which includes Hubspot CRM, Databox, Google Sheets and a few other tools.
- Generate reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, yearly) to ensure visibility and to provide a clear direction for the growth of the account management practice to top leadership.
- 3+ years in biz dev and sales or related in the software development field, leading teams.
- Custom software (not SaaS), digital agency or related experience.
- Ambition and ability to take full advantage of growth opportunities that emerge from working closely with the top leadership team and potential to reasonably quickly go to the next level.
- Should share the following values: free knowledge, available education for everyone, open mind, respect to the personality, diversity, technical challenges, intelligence, continuous improvement.
- To implement the mission: To empower and engage people around the world to collect and develop educational content under a free license or in the public domain, and to disseminate it effectively and globally.
- Is a great communicator: skills of active listening, non-violent communication, facilitating meetings, negotiating complicated ideas and concepts.
- Understanding of how huge organizations with a high level of bureaucracy work (meaning long approving, a lot of people involved, etc).
- Ability to build trust and intimacy: easy-going, high level of empathy, etc. (according to Trusted Advisor).
- Ability to absorb a huge amount of information about client’s business and lots of aspects (structure, names, “politics” (meaning internal relations between stakeholders, etc.), projects)
- Help adopt and practice Agile in your areas of responsibility.
- Full-time remote.
- We have telecommuting flexibility with significant Eastern time zone overlap.
- You might need to come for occasional visits to our locations in Philadelphia and Europe.
- We may also be able to provide you with relocation assistance if you are interested in Philadelphia as a place to live.
- Hours are flexible, but may require availability outside standard business hours.
- Compensation and incentives depend on experience and will be determined during the hiring process.
About Speed & Function
At Speed & Function, we build exceptional custom software applications using today’s most advanced technology. But so do a lot of software engineering firms, so what makes working for us different?
Firstly, we operate out of two continents. Most of our engineers are based in Eastern Europe, and our US Head Office is in Philadelphia.
Second, everyone who works here is passionate about digital transformation, innovation and collaborative software development. However, don’t confuse us with contractors, because we’re not. We are true collaborators. We work so closely with clients that their products are virtually built in-house. This gives our people the opportunity to work with clients in a unique way. Think Collaboration 2.0.
Third, we are striving to build a developmental culture where learning, feedback and transparency are given equal weight to productivity, efficiency and results. At Speed & Function, you’re given the chance to grow, not just technically but as a person. We aim to become better people who produce brilliant work and offer our clients a fulfilling and enjoyable experience along the way.